Saturday, July 21, 2007

linkin park rocks big time!!!





I told a fellow Linkin Park fan by the name of Allen that I totally love this new album alot and I told him that i wanna and gonna spread the LP love, but I didnt have the time to do it until now, so here goes.
He listened to the album earlier than I did when it was released and he gave me a brief description on what the songs were like.... Initially I was a little worried that their album might not be good because I was really hoping that it will be good as I dont want to be disappointed. When he mentioned that the songs are like "my december"and that there is this one song which is a religious song my first thought was "o man...... "Fortunately the LP boys didnt disappoint me at all. This album has definitely cemented my love for them. ahhaa.


here's my song review
  1. Given up- i like this song alot! simply because the song is good. Totally love the beat and all.
  2. leave out all the rest----perfect song. Need no further explanation
  3. BLEED IT OUT- my SUPER ALL TIME FAVOURITE. THIS SONG ROCKED THE HELL OUT OF ME MAN!!!! I totally love the influence of their old songs on this track where it's MIKE vs CHESTER... excellent!
  4. shadow of the day--cool song
  5. what i've done-----love the lyrics, love the music, love everything about it
  6. hands held high-----urmm... i love it when mike rapped on this track which reminds me of his excellent fort minor album but the "amen" part is just too weird for me. This is the only track that made me say,"what the hell were they thinking when they decided to write a song like this". I know that they wanna be different but religious and rock..... is a big NO NO. this is weird stuff.
  7. no more sorrow- i totally love the heavy drum beats in the beginning and love the lyrics and the rest of the song. They really should have more of this song on the album.
  8. VALENTINE'S Day- i was quite disappointed with this song but it's ok.....
  9. IN BETWEEN- this is mike's first singing debut. It's a little mellow but it's kinda cool. I love the lyrics. this is one cool song.... but not great enough......though
  10. IN PIECES- I totally love the lyrics once again... the music is cool too...... love it alot!
  11. The Little Things Give You Away--this song is a little too slow when i first heard it but hearing it for a few more times. i love it. This song is about the hurricane Katrina that devastated New Orleans... cool song.
All in all, I am proud of them for releasing this album. Yea, it's a far cry from their first 2 albums and from what most fans loved them for, their fiery rapping and screaming, but that didnt stop me from loving them even more. This change is really good for them and i think it's timely too.

Like what Allen told me, they might lose some fans but then again they will gain a new pool of fans, indefinitely.

As for me, i will always be a LP fan through thick and thin. Right now, I am looking forward to their concert! A little bird told me that they might be dropping by sooner than we think..

to sum it all up, all i can and shall say is that linkin park is freaking good, excellent, perfect. Nothing lesser than that. Their new album is a result of a job well done.





till then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My fellow Bloggers
  • su lyn
  • agnes
  • joanna
  • da-council
  • justin
  • yuri
  • su yin
  • shen weng
  • yen ying
  • dominic
  • my bro, aaron